cant configure drawing tablet in debian stretch cinnamon

cant configure drawing tablet in debian stretch cinnamon

Thomas Waldl
Hello there!

I  just installed the latest debian stretch net installer with cinnamon,
and I happen to not be able to configure my wacom tablet throught the
menu options. Configuring it manually via console and xsetwacom commands
works perfectly.

I have not found something online to help me with this issue yet, maybe
you guys know more.

Best regards, Thomas.

Re: cant configure drawing tablet in debian stretch cinnamon

Tomaž Šolc
Hi

On 06. 03. 2018 18:36, Thomas Waldl wrote:
> I just installed the latest debian stretch net installer with cinnamon,
> and I happen to not be able to configure my wacom tablet throught the
> menu options. Configuring it manually via console and xsetwacom commands
> works perfectly.

You really should provide more details if you want someone to help you.
What does "not be able to configure" mean? Is it not detected at all or
do the settings (which ones?) not have any effect? What Wacom tablet
exactly are you using? Did it work for you on Jessie?

I am using a Wacom CTL480 with Stretch and GNOME 3 and the settings
under "Wacom Tablet" in the GNOME control center work correctly for me.
I don't use Cinnamon though, so I don't know what could be wrong in your
case.

Best regards
Tomaž