change the default theme

Indraveni
Hi,

  I am new to this mailing list. I dont know whether
this is the right place to post this question here.
   I am working on one Linux distribution based on
Debian. So for that i want to build my own themes. Can
any one help me in creating a new theme. What are the
steps to be followed to create a new theme and make it
a default theme during installation of our new
distribution.

Thanks for any help

Regards,
K.Indraveni

Re: change the default theme

Josselin Mouette
Le mardi 07 mars 2006 à 08:37 +0000, Indraveni a écrit :

> Hi,
>
>   I am new to this mailing list. I dont know whether
> this is the right place to post this question here.
>    I am working on one Linux distribution based on
> Debian. So for that i want to build my own themes. Can
> any one help me in creating a new theme. What are the
> steps to be followed to create a new theme and make it
> a default theme during installation of our new
> distribution.

A GNOME theme consists in three parts:
      * a GTK+ theme, based on an existing engine, where you define the
        colours and look'n'feel of applications;
      * an icon theme;
      * a metacity theme.
You can look at the gnome-themes or gnome-themes-extras source packages
to understand how they are generated.

To change the default theme, just put a file named debian/gconf-defaults
in your source package, containing the following:
        /desktop/gnome/interface/gtk_theme name_of_gtk_theme
        /desktop/gnome/interface/icon_theme name_of_icon_theme
        /apps/metacity/general/theme name_of_metacity_theme
and call in the rules file:
        dh_gconf --priority 20

 .''`.           Josselin Mouette        /\./\
: :' :           [hidden email]
`. `'                        [hidden email]
   `-  Debian GNU/Linux -- The power of freedom