claws-mail does not display menu-bar

briand-3

I have two jessie systems.

The one i'm typing this email on has a claws-mail with a menu bar, and the other does not.

Both are running xfce.

This seems like either a window manager thing.

Every other app i've tested has a menu bar.

ugh

Any ideas ?

thanks

brian

Re: claws-mail does not display menu-bar

briand-3
On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 21:16:47 -0700
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> The one i'm typing this email on has a claws-mail with a menu bar, and the other does not.

ugh.

press F12

that's horrible UI design.  Menu bar goes away without a hint of how to get it back ?

Brian

Re: claws-mail does not display menu-bar

Alex Moonshine-2
On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 22:18:58 -0700
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> that's horrible UI design.  Menu bar goes away without a hint of how
> to get it back ?

Ever tried pressing F10 in Firefox?:)

--
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Best wishes,
Alex S.

On 16-10-2015 12:13, Alex Moonshine wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 22:18:58 -0700
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> that's horrible UI design.  Menu bar goes away without a hint of how
>> to get it back ?
>>

> Ever tried pressing F10 in Firefox?:)

Actually, scratch that, sorry. It only appears the menu bar if it's
turned off, not disappears it if it's on.
Still, not an uncommon behaviour, I just didn't get the right example

Re: claws-mail does not display menu-bar

briand-3
On Fri, 16 Oct 2015 15:06:23 +0300
[hidden email] wrote:

> On 16-10-2015 12:13, Alex Moonshine wrote:
> > On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 22:18:58 -0700
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> that's horrible UI design.  Menu bar goes away without a hint of how
> >> to get it back ?
> >>

> > Ever tried pressing F10 in Firefox?:)
>
> Actually, scratch that, sorry. It only appears the menu bar if it's
> turned off, not disappears it if it's on.
> Still, not an uncommon behaviour, I just didn't get the right example

well then it's not uncommon bad UI design.

and i say that even though I _love_ claws-mail.  Awesome program.

the fact that the menu goes away and there isn't some sort of "hint" as to how to get it back is really silly.

Brian