cme cannot connect to api.ftp-master.debian.org

cme cannot connect to api.ftp-master.debian.org

Andreas Tille-5
Hi,

I'm tunning an up to date testing with cme and libconfig-model-perl from
unstable (but currently that's no difference).  I updated testing
yesterday evening and afterwards everything was fine.  Since this
morning I get

$ cme fix dpkg-control
Connecting to api.ftp-master.debian.org to check libdivsufsort-dev versions. Please wait...
cannot get data for package libdivsufsort-dev. Check your proxy ?
Backend error: Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at /usr/share/perl5/Config/Model/Dpkg/Dependency.pm line 921.

That's just an example.  Cme does not find any Build-Depends to check
the version information.

Any idea what might be wrong?

Kind regards

       Andreas.

PS: Please CC me.  I'm not subscribed to debian-perl.

http://fam-tille.de

I guess its not cme but Debian infrastructure (Was: cme cannot connect to api.ftp-master.debian.org)

Andreas Tille-5
Hi,

currently tracker.d.o returns "Server Error (500)" and buildd.d.o
"Internal Server Error".  Seems cme depends from something that is
not working currently.

Kind regards

      Andreas.

http://fam-tille.de

Re: cme cannot connect to api.ftp-master.debian.org

Joost van Baal-Ilić-77
Hi Andreas,

On Sat, Oct 27, 2018 at 07:27:04AM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:

> I'm tunning an up to date testing with cme and libconfig-model-perl from
> unstable (but currently that's no difference).  I updated testing
> yesterday evening and afterwards everything was fine.  Since this
> morning I get
>
> $ cme fix dpkg-control
> Connecting to api.ftp-master.debian.org to check libdivsufsort-dev versions. Please wait...
> cannot get data for package libdivsufsort-dev. Check your proxy ?
> Backend error: Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at /usr/share/perl5/Config/Model/Dpkg/Dependency.pm line 921.
>

> That's just an example.  Cme does not find any Build-Depends to check
> the version information.
>
> Any idea what might be wrong?

wild guess: Topic for #debian-devel: major storage outage at Bytemark
i just saw https://tracker.debian.org/ gives Server Error (500).
guess we just have to wait...

Bye,

Joost

Offline mode for cme (Was: I guess its not cme but Debian infrastructure (Was: cme cannot connect to api.ftp-master.debian.org))

Andreas Tille-5
Hi again,

On Sat, Oct 27, 2018 at 07:36:12AM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> currently tracker.d.o returns "Server Error (500)" and buildd.d.o
> "Internal Server Error".  Seems cme depends from something that is
> not working currently.

This brings up an old idea I had:  Sometimes I'd like to use cme when
beeing offline.  What about if cme would only issue a warning that it
can not get the information it needs from remote and finish all tasks it
can do when beeing offline?

Should I file a wishlist bug report about this?

Kind regards

        Andreas.

http://fam-tille.de

Re: Offline mode for cme (Was: I guess its not cme but Debian infrastructure (Was: cme cannot connect to api.ftp-master.debian.org))

Dominique Dumont
Hello

cme can indeed work with cached data. The only danger of this modification is
that people can use stale package information without noticing.

May be we should enable this behavior with an environment variable or a
command switch (I'd rather have a switch, but I'm not sure that easy to
implement given the architecture of cme)

All the best

-------

On Saturday, 27 October 2018 10:51:30 CET Andreas Tille wrote:
> What about if cme would only issue a warning that it
> can not get the information it needs from remote and finish all tasks it
> can do when beeing offline?

After reading my code (I tend to forget the details), it turns out that cme is
written to emit a warning when madison is down, use data from the cache. If
all fail, cme will warn about unknown package.

The fact that cme crashes when no info can be retrieved from madison or the
cache is a plain bug...

All the best