corrupt netinstaller file

syrphid
Hello,

When trying the stable v9.9.0 amd64 netinstaller, I keep getting the message that the libc6 file is corrupt. The file is /cdrom/pool/main/g/glibc/libc6_2.24-11+deb9u4_amd64.deb. The installer also fails to download the file -- despite the working network connection. The install cannot proceed because the file's part of the base system.

This occurs with both (1) the direct debian-9.9.0-amd64-netinst.iso file (mirror at <https://saimei.ftp.acc.umu.se>) and (2) the .torrent file from <https://cdimage.debian.org>.

In all cases, I successfully download, checksum, and write the ISO to a flash drive from another OS. There's no other problem with the installer -- up until that file.

Thank you for your time

Re: corrupt netinstaller file

Steve McIntyre
Hi!

On Sat, Jun 29, 2019 at 07:18:47PM -0400, [hidden email] wrote:

>Hello,
>
>When trying the stable v9.9.0 amd64 netinstaller, I keep getting the
>message that the libc6 file is corrupt. The file is
>/cdrom/pool/main/g/glibc/libc6_2.24-11+deb9u4_amd64.deb. The
>installer also fails to download the file -- despite the working
>network connection. The install cannot proceed because the file's
>part of the base system.
>
>This occurs with both (1) the direct debian-9.9.0-amd64-netinst.iso
>file (mirror at <https://saimei.ftp.acc.umu.se>) and (2) the .torrent
>file from <https://cdimage.debian.org>.
>
>In all cases, I successfully download, checksum, and write the ISO to
>a flash drive from another OS. There's no other problem with the
>installer -- up until that file.

It's really unlikely that the file is corrupt in the image - lots of
people have installed successfully using that same image, including me
on the day we built and released it. The most likely thing you're
seeing is a problem with the flash drive. Can you read back and verify
the netinstall image from the flash drive OK?

--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.                                [hidden email]
"The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that