cqrlog

Dave-10

Hello,

I just started getting this error when trying to launch the program v2.0.1

Access violation.

Press OK to ignore and risk data corruption.
Press Cancel to kill the program.

Any suggestions?

73, Dave W0ZY

Re: cqrlog

Pino Zollo

El 24/05/17 a las 10:29, Dave escribió:

> Hello,
>
> I just started getting this error when trying to launch the program v2.0.1
>
> Access violation.
>
> Press OK to ignore and risk data corruption.
> Press Cancel to kill the program.
>

> Any suggestions?
>
> --
> 73, Dave W0ZY

Got the same on older versions 1.7.3 ...

the program is not usable any more :-(

73 de
Pino ZP4KFX

Re: cqrlog

David A Aitcheson
Gentlemen,

CQRLOG 2.0.5 (2017-03-12) from https://www.cqrlog.com/ is working "FB" for me on a Ubuntu 14.04.4-LTS system using Gnome-Classic as the desktop. The last few releases between your versions and mine fixed several bugs and synchronized with the updates to the database programs as well.

73
Dave
KB3EFS

On 05/24/2017 11:00 AM, Pino Zollo wrote:

El 24/05/17 a las 10:29, Dave escribió:
Hello,

I just started getting this error when trying to launch the program v2.0.1

Access violation.

Press OK to ignore and risk data corruption.
Press Cancel to kill the program.

Any suggestions?

--
73, Dave W0ZY

Got the same on older versions 1.7.3 ...

the program is not usable any more :-(

73 de
Pino ZP4KFX

Re: cqrlog

Colin Tuckley
On 24/05/17 15:29, Dave wrote:

> I just started getting this error when trying to launch the program v2.0.1
>
> Access violation.

It is caused by changes to various APIs in the current Debian testing
versions.

It's fixed in upstreams latest version, but unfortunately we can't have
it in Debian yet because of the Release Freeze.

There are .deb files available on the upstream site that work.

I have packages of the latest version ready to upload as soon as the
Release happens.

Colin G8TMV

--
Colin Tuckley    | +44(0)1223 830814 |  PGP/GnuPG Key Id
Debian Developer | +44(0)7799 143369 | 0xFA0C410738C9D903

Re: cqrlog

Cranz Nichols
Same here.  Tried a few workarounds but no luck.  Too bad.

cln - Nick
WB5BKL
Lake Buchanan, TX

On 05/24/2017 10:00 AM, Pino Zollo wrote:

> Got the same on older versions 1.7.3 ...
>
> the program is not usable any more :-(
>
> 73 de
> Pino ZP4KFX

Re: cqrlog

David R. Wilson
Hi Guys,

Apologies if this has already been resolved.  I am a bit behind in
reading email.

You will have to cut and paste these URLs, since line wrap doesn't work
on my email program.

I would check to see if the database has changed.  There is a conflict,
last I checked (many weeks ago) between MySQL and MariaDB (which used
to be MySQL).

https://dba.stackexchange.com/questions/143390/mariadb-mysql-repository
-ubuntu-16-04-conflicts-and-more

https://askubuntu.com/questions/776912/ubuntu-16-04-lamp-mysql-dpkg-ins
tall-problems

I had a difficult time with getting things working again due to the
database conflict problem.

The short version of what happened:

https://www.tecmint.com/the-story-behind-acquisition-of-mysql-and-the-r
ise-of-mariadb/

The fellows that wrote the original MySQL routines started MariaDB as a
replacement.  Both databases were using the same directories.  The
MySQL backend was forked and was no longer compatible with MariaDB.

It is a real headache to remove one or the other, since the file
management routines will try to fill in dependencies.

I don't remember all of the steps I took to resolve that conflict (and
get cqrlog working again), but that turned out to be the problem I ran
into when I saw that message about the database not working.

73
Dave
KU4B