csv import & passwd for jessie

Giorgio Pioda
Hi,

I have to report that yesterday, after importing
a list of new users via csv-import tool, we had to
manually reset all the passwd one by one,
in GOsa because the passwd written in the
csv were not setup correctly. The strange thing
is that retyping the same passwd fixed the login issue.

I've disabled the samba hashing check, as previously
stated.

Any idea?

Regards

Giorgio
--
Giorgio Pioda - Sysadmin SPSE-Tenero
Cell +41 79 629 20 63
Tel  +41 58 468 62 48

Re: csv import & passwd for jessie

Wolfgang Schweer-3
Hi Giorgio,

On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 02:40:08PM +0100, Giorgio Pioda wrote:

> I have to report that yesterday, after importing
> a list of new users via csv-import tool, we had to
> manually reset all the passwd one by one,
> in GOsa because the passwd written in the
> csv were not setup correctly. The strange thing
> is that retyping the same passwd fixed the login issue.
>
> I've disabled the samba hashing check, as previously
> stated.
>
> Any idea?
Recently, there has been a php5 security update for jessie; most
probably this has caused it.

Anything in the logs, maybe in /var/log/auth.log?

Is the issue still there, if you go back to the previous version of
php5-mcrypt and php-common (just for testing)?

Wolfgang

On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 09:35:46PM +0100, Wolfgang Schweer wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 02:40:08PM +0100, Giorgio Pioda wrote:
> > I have to report that yesterday, after importing
> > a list of new users via csv-import tool, we had to
> > manually reset all the passwd one by one,
> > in GOsa because the passwd written in the
> > csv were not setup correctly. The strange thing
> > is that retyping the same passwd fixed the login issue.
> >
> > I've disabled the samba hashing check, as previously
> > stated.
> >
> > Any idea?
>
> Recently, there has been a php5 security update for jessie; most
> probably this has caused it.
>
> Anything in the logs, maybe in /var/log/auth.log?
>
> Is the issue still there, if you go back to the previous version of
> php5-mcrypt and php-common (just for testing)?
While I was able to reproduce the issue directly after installing the
security update, this is no longer the case. (The virtual machine used
for testing had been rebooted in between.) So chances are that for some
reason the problem occurred, but only temporarily.

Wolfgang