dbgsym packages for packages in security archive

dbgsym packages for packages in security archive

Kevin Easton-2
Would it be possible to get a debian-debug archive added to security.d.o
where the accompanying -dbgsym packages for packages in the debian-security
archive get uploaded?

Eg. currently libssl1.1 version 1.1.0f-3+deb9u2 is present in the
debian-security archive, but this version of libssl1.1-dbgsym isn't
available (I think this means if you had manually installed the -dbgsym
package, you wouldn't get the security update with a plain
"apt-get upgrade"?).

Apologies if this is already being worked on, I didn't see any
discussion of it.

    - Kevin

Re: dbgsym packages for packages in security archive

Salvatore Bonaccorso-4
Hi Kevin,

On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 02:26:28AM -0400, Kevin Easton wrote:

> Would it be possible to get a debian-debug archive added to security.d.o
> where the accompanying -dbgsym packages for packages in the debian-security
> archive get uploaded?
>
> Eg. currently libssl1.1 version 1.1.0f-3+deb9u2 is present in the
> debian-security archive, but this version of libssl1.1-dbgsym isn't
> available (I think this means if you had manually installed the -dbgsym
> package, you wouldn't get the security update with a plain
> "apt-get upgrade"?).
>
> Apologies if this is already being worked on, I didn't see any
> discussion of it.

There is a tracking bug for this: https://bugs.debian.org/894081

In short: no unfortunately there is no dbgsym archive yet (although
the dbgsym packages are stored).

Regards,
Salvatore