debian ftp server that works with windows

debian ftp server that works with windows

michf
I tried installing ftpd and ftpd-ssl but when serving local directory through
ftp to windows machine the see not only the file name but also the time, that
is instead of seeing directory "Music" I'm seeing the directory "22:31 Music".
Is there a better ftp daemon or some way to configure it to better behave with
windows machines?

Thanks

Re: debian ftp server that works with windows

Adrian Levi
2009/2/18 Micha Feigin <[hidden email]>:
> I tried installing ftpd and ftpd-ssl but when serving local directory through
> ftp to windows machine the see not only the file name but also the time, that
> is instead of seeing directory "Music" I'm seeing the directory "22:31 Music".
> Is there a better ftp daemon or some way to configure it to better behave with
> windows machines?
>
> Thanks

I can suggest vsftp works well all round.

Adrian

--
24x7x365 != 24x7x52 Stupid or bad maths?
apartment it is.

Re: debian ftp server that works with windows

Paul Johnson
Micha Feigin wrote:
> I tried installing ftpd and ftpd-ssl but when serving local directory through
> ftp to windows machine the see not only the file name but also the time, that
> is instead of seeing directory "Music" I'm seeing the directory "22:31 Music".
> Is there a better ftp daemon or some way to configure it to better behave with
> windows machines?

Why FTP when FTP is insecure?  If you need something other than
anonymous access, you really want SFTP (part of SSH), not FTP.
Filezilla is a good, free SFTP client for Windows.