#debian-ruby irc channel mode options

Pirate Praveen-3
Hi,

We have set +R (registered users only) on irc to stop spammers. It means people connecting via matrix has a hard time registering and keeping signed in.

On many other channels +s (secret or unlisted) mode was effective to stop spammers. So I request we change irc channel mode to +s from +R.

Thanks
Praveen

Re: #debian-ruby irc channel mode options

Antonio Terceiro-3
On Wed, Jun 26, 2019 at 06:38:38AM +0530, Pirate Praveen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have set +R (registered users only) on irc to stop spammers. It
> means people connecting via matrix has a hard time registering and
> keeping signed in.
>
> On many other channels +s (secret or unlisted) mode was effective to
> stop spammers. So I request we change irc channel mode to +s from +R.

Let's try that then. But I will revert if we get any love at the next
round of IRC spam.

On 2019, ജൂൺ 28 9:24:22 PM IST, Antonio Terceiro <[hidden email]> wrote:

>On Wed, Jun 26, 2019 at 06:38:38AM +0530, Pirate Praveen wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> We have set +R (registered users only) on irc to stop spammers. It
>> means people connecting via matrix has a hard time registering and
>> keeping signed in.
>>
>> On many other channels +s (secret or unlisted) mode was effective to
>> stop spammers. So I request we change irc channel mode to +s from +R.
>
>Let's try that then. But I will revert if we get any love at the next
>round of IRC spam.

Thanks!