deskbar-applet not moving to testing

Pirate Praveen
Hi Sebastian,

 I have been using deskbar applet and I loved it very much. But when I had to re-install my system I decided to stick with testing. Now I find it is not moving becuase it is not building arm. It looks like it depends on python-gnome2-desktop and hopefully it will be avialble as the python transition completes. I would really love to see it in etch.

Regards
Praveen
--
"Value your freedom, or you will lose it, teaches history.
`Don't bother us with politics', respond those who don't want to learn."
         -- Richard Stallman
Me scribbles at http://www.pravi.co.nr

Re: deskbar-applet not moving to testing

Loïc Minier
        Hi,

On Thu, Aug 17, 2006, ????????? [??????] (Praveen) ? [?] (A) wrote:
>  I have been using deskbar applet and I loved it very much. But when I had to
> re-install my system I decided to stick with testing. Now I find it is not
> moving becuase it is not building arm. It looks like it depends on
> python-gnome2-desktop and hopefully it will be avialble as the python
> transition completes. I would really love to see it in etch.

 This is not the fault of Sebastian, as you noted yourself: this is due
 to gnome-python-extras and -desktop not being built on arm (and on
 m68k, but that's irrelevant).  This is ultimately due to xulrunner --
 in both cases -- which didn't build on arm for weeks.

 I've requested the release team to force it to testing despite the
 missing arm binaries, I've contacted the arm buildd admins twice.
 There some hope today as aurel32, who owns arm hardware, started a
 xulrunner build; with luck it might unlock the current situation.

   Bye,
--
Loïc Minier <[hidden email]>

Re: deskbar-applet not moving to testing

Jérôme Warnier
Le jeudi 17 août 2006 à 19:51 +0530, പ്രവീണ്‍‌ [प्रवीण] (Praveen) എ [ए]
(A) a écrit :
> Hi Sebastian,
>
>  I have been using deskbar applet and I loved it very much. But when I
> had to re-install my system I decided to stick with testing. Now I
> find it is not moving becuase it is not building arm. It looks like it
> depends on python-gnome2-desktop and hopefully it will be avialble as
> the python transition completes. I would really love to see it in
> etch.

It has been forced into testing today:
http://bjorn.haxx.se/debian/testing.pl?package=deskbar-applet

--
Jérôme Warnier <[hidden email]>
BeezNest

2006/8/18, Jérôme Warnier <[hidden email]>:

It has been forced into testing today:
http://bjorn.haxx.se/debian/testing.pl?package=deskbar-applet

I have installed it but it is not working. When I try to add it to the panel it says "The panel encountered an error while loading OAFIID:Deskbar_Applet"
Do you want to delete the applet from your configuration.

Regards
Praveen

PS: I have attached a screenshot

--
"Value your freedom, or you will lose it, teaches history.
`Don't bother us with politics', respond those who don't want to learn."
         -- Richard Stallman
Me scribbles at http://www.pravi.co.nr

Screenshot-deskbar-applet-error-small.png (58K) Download Attachment