email problems again

Glenn English-5
I installed mutt on the mail server, and it found mail that's been
coming in and was stored properly by Postfix.

It's gotta be something with Dovecot.

Glenn English

Re: email problems again

Reco
        Hi.

On Sat, May 18, 2019 at 11:13:26PM +0000, Glenn English wrote:
> I installed mutt on the mail server, and it found mail that's been
> coming in and was stored properly by Postfix.
>
> It's gotta be something with Dovecot.

/etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-auth.conf says to this:

Note that if the remote IP matches the local IP (ie. you're connecting
from the same computer), the connection is considered secure and
plaintext authentication is allowed.

As others suggested in the other thread, you should set:

disable_plaintext_auth = no
auth_mechanisms = plain

Reco

Re: email problems again

Joe Rowan
On Sat, 18 May 2019 23:13:26 +0000
Glenn English <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I installed mutt on the mail server, and it found mail that's been
> coming in and was stored properly by Postfix.
>
> It's gotta be something with Dovecot.

Any possibility that a certificate might have expired?

--
Joe