fcgiwrap systemd

basti-3
Hello,
I try to use fcgiwrap on debian jessie (systemd). Now i need it as
socket (fcgiwrap.socket) and also as tcp (fcgiwrap.service).
As I can see it only start one of then or in other words only one is
available .

Is there a way to start socket and service at same time?

Best Regards,
Basti

Re: fcgiwrap systemd

Peter Ludikovsky
On 04/21/2017 10:46 AM, Basti wrote:

> Hello,
> I try to use fcgiwrap on debian jessie (systemd). Now i need it as
> socket (fcgiwrap.socket) and also as tcp (fcgiwrap.service).
> As I can see it only start one of then or in other words only one is
> available .
>
> Is there a way to start socket and service at same time?
>
> Best Regards,
> Basti

Hi!

You're mixing something up here, the Socket and the Service don't
exclude each other. Instead, the service requires the socket. systemd
can create a listening socket (defined by the fcgiwrap.socket unit) and
listen for connections to it. As soon as that happens it will spawn the
accompanying service (fcgiwrap.service) and connect the socket to it.

For more information look at the definition files in
/lib/systemd/system/fcgiwrap.{socket,service}

Regards
/peter