fldigi (et. all) programs bundling of xmlrpc++

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

fldigi (et. all) programs bundling of xmlrpc++

Richard Shaw-6
Guys,

Just an FYI I am the Fedora maintainer of the Flxxx suite of programs and ended up having to request a bundling exception from the Fedora committee which was ultimately denied.

In response, Dave (w1hkj) made a stand alone library, flxmlrpc, available on the usual download page which is automatically built with if available.

Since Debian has a similar packaging rule about bundled libraries I thought I would let you know.

Thanks,
Richard
KF5OIM
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: fldigi (et. all) programs bundling of xmlrpc++

David A Aitcheson
This also affects Ubuntu as well.

When building from source the first item should be "flxmrpc" then all the other programs which one desires. That way the library compiles in correctly with each of the other programs as they are run through the build process.

Dave
KB3EFS


On 05/05/2015 03:53 PM, Richard Shaw wrote:
Guys,

Just an FYI I am the Fedora maintainer of the Flxxx suite of programs and ended up having to request a bundling exception from the Fedora committee which was ultimately denied.

In response, Dave (w1hkj) made a stand alone library, flxmlrpc, available on the usual download page which is automatically built with if available.

Since Debian has a similar packaging rule about bundled libraries I thought I would let you know.

Thanks,
Richard
KF5OIM

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: fldigi (et. all) programs bundling of xmlrpc++

David A Aitcheson
Make that "flxmlrpc".

On 05/05/2015 05:44 PM, David A Aitcheson wrote:
This also affects Ubuntu as well.

When building from source the first item should be "flxmrpc" then all the other programs which one desires. That way the library compiles in correctly with each of the other programs as they are run through the build process.

Dave
KB3EFS


On 05/05/2015 03:53 PM, Richard Shaw wrote:
Guys,

Just an FYI I am the Fedora maintainer of the Flxxx suite of programs and ended up having to request a bundling exception from the Fedora committee which was ultimately denied.

In response, Dave (w1hkj) made a stand alone library, flxmlrpc, available on the usual download page which is automatically built with if available.

Since Debian has a similar packaging rule about bundled libraries I thought I would let you know.

Thanks,
Richard
KF5OIM


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: fldigi (et. all) programs bundling of xmlrpc++

Iain R. Learmonth-2
Hi,

>    Just an FYI I am the Fedora maintainer of the Flxxx suite of programs

Thanks for getting in touch with us. Debian has the following packages: flamp,
fldigi, flmsg, flrig and flwrap.

Are all of these affected by this?

Thanks,
Iain.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hamish Moffatt <[hidden email]>
   fldigi (U)

Jaime Robles <[hidden email]>
   fldigi (U)

Kamal Mostafa <[hidden email]>
   flamp (U) -- this is still in NEW
   fldigi (U)
   flmsg (U)
   flrig (U)
   flwrap (U)

Patrick Ouellette <[hidden email]>
   fldigi (U)
------------------------------------------------------------------------

--
e: [hidden email]            w: iain.learmonth.me
x: [hidden email]     t: EPVPN 2105
c: 2M0STB                  g: IO87we
p: 1F72 607C 5FF2 CCD5 3F01 600D 56FF 9EA4 E984 6C49

attachment0 (836 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: fldigi (et. all) programs bundling of xmlrpc++

Richard Shaw-6
On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 6:29 AM, Iain R. Learmonth <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

>    Just an FYI I am the Fedora maintainer of the Flxxx suite of programs

Thanks for getting in touch with us. Debian has the following packages: flamp,
fldigi, flmsg, flrig and flwrap.

Are all of these affected by this?

I'm sure everything except flwrap is, but I haven't packaged it yet. If it uses xmlrpc to talk to the other Flxxx programs then yes. If you look at the source contents and see a "src/xmlrpcpp" directory then definitely yes.

Thanks,
Richard 
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: fldigi (et. all) programs bundling of xmlrpc++

Iain R. Learmonth-2
Hi Richard,

On Wed, May 06, 2015 at 08:22:27AM -0500, Richard Shaw wrote:
>    I'm sure everything except flwrap is, but I haven't packaged it yet. If
>    it uses xmlrpc to talk to the other Flxxx programs then yes. If you
>    look at the source contents and see a "src/xmlrpcpp" directory then
>    definitely yes.

Ok. Thanks for the info. I'm CC'ing Kamal as he is the maintainer for all of
these just to bring these to his attention.

Kamal, the full thread is at:

  https://lists.debian.org/debian-hams/2015/05/msg00048.html

Thanks for your work on this.

Thanks,
Iain.

--
e: [hidden email]            w: iain.learmonth.me
x: [hidden email]     t: EPVPN 2105
c: 2M0STB                  g: IO87we
p: 1F72 607C 5FF2 CCD5 3F01 600D 56FF 9EA4 E984 6C49

attachment0 (836 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: fldigi (et. all) programs bundling of xmlrpc++

Kamal Mostafa
Yes, I'm tracking this, and I will take care of the flxmlrpc library transition for all the fl* packages in Debian, in the very near future.

Thanks,

 -Kamal

On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 6:49 AM, Iain R. Learmonth <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Richard,

On Wed, May 06, 2015 at 08:22:27AM -0500, Richard Shaw wrote:
>    I'm sure everything except flwrap is, but I haven't packaged it yet. If
>    it uses xmlrpc to talk to the other Flxxx programs then yes. If you
>    look at the source contents and see a "src/xmlrpcpp" directory then
>    definitely yes.

Ok. Thanks for the info. I'm CC'ing Kamal as he is the maintainer for all of
these just to bring these to his attention.

Kamal, the full thread is at:

  https://lists.debian.org/debian-hams/2015/05/msg00048.html

Thanks for your work on this.

Thanks,
Iain.

--
e: [hidden email]            w: iain.learmonth.me
x: [hidden email]     t: EPVPN 2105
c: 2M0STB                  g: IO87we
p: 1F72 607C 5FF2 CCD5 3F01 600D 56FF 9EA4 E984 6C49