I asked to be the new gnome-media maintainer, so i needed some new
gnome libs to compile 2.14.0. I would like to ask to be included in
the alioth project and there's a short summary of the things that will
need to change in our debian/ tree to compile the bits that i already
reviewed. I'm aware that Ubuntu has more stuff and if nobody started
working on this i can review and merge their changes when necessary.
- Just bumping up the changelog to 2.14.0 and download the latest
tarball will do the work.
- Needs review, maybe the upstream added man pages and other stuff
that we weren't building
- Bump up libbonobo related dependencies in debian/control (at least
- debian/tmp/usr/share/man should be added in debian/libgnome2-common.install
- Our debian/rules looks really different than Ubuntu, i'm almost
sure they have unneede things like a autotools.mk include.
- Maybe we should consider add a lintian override due to the libgnome2-0 thing
- gnome-open needs a manpage to, a help2man should do the work
- Drop debian/patches/20_gdk-thread-lock.patch - it was merged by the upstream
- Drop debian/patches/32_implicit-pointer.patch - it was merged by
the upstream too
I've worked on these packages based on the svn repositories, so if
anyone wants to review my changes i can send the patches to the list.
It's still a working progress to me, because there's too much stuff to
review and package until gnome-media.