gnome-applet with python

Dietrich Hentschel-3
Hi list,

since etch I can't write a gnome-applet with python. The
import-statement "import gnome.applet" comes with an error. If I try
python, help() and gnome, the PACKAGE CONTENTS is:
   _gnome
   canvas
   ui
   vfs

There is not applet and nautilus.
Have it put to another package?

Thanks in advance,

Dietrich

Re: gnome-applet with python

Josselin Mouette
Le mercredi 15 novembre 2006 à 18:38 +0100, Dietrich Hentschel a écrit :

> Hi list,
>
> since etch I can't write a gnome-applet with python. The
> import-statement "import gnome.applet" comes with an error. If I try
> python, help() and gnome, the PACKAGE CONTENTS is:
>    _gnome
>    canvas
>    ui
>    vfs
>
> There is not applet and nautilus.
> Have it put to another package?
They are in python-gnome2-desktop.

BTW, you should note that gnome.applet and the like are deprecated. The
module name is gnomeapplet.
--
Josselin Mouette                /\./\

"Do you have any more insane proposals for me?"