gnome-volume-manager and video DVDs

Christian von Kietzell
Hi,

using the latest GNOME from unstable and g-v-m, too, everytime I insert
a video DVD the cd creator window pops up instead Totem. The settings
seem to be correct (g-v-m's supposed to run "totem dvd://" for video
DVDs). Starting Totem manually and playing the DVD from there works,
too.

I don't know where to start looking for the cause. Any hints?

Cheers,
  Chris

Re: gnome-volume-manager and video DVDs

Sjoerd Simons-2
On Wed, Dec 21, 2005 at 12:37:00AM +0100, Christian von Kietzell wrote:
> Hi,
>
> using the latest GNOME from unstable and g-v-m, too, everytime I insert
> a video DVD the cd creator window pops up instead Totem. The settings
> seem to be correct (g-v-m's supposed to run "totem dvd://" for video
> DVDs). Starting Totem manually and playing the DVD from there works,
> too.

Assuming your gnome-volume-manager prefences are still correct, it's probably
hal that thinks that you have inserted a blank cd.

  Sjoerd
--
Numeric stability is probably not all that important when you're guessing.

Am Mittwoch, den 21.12.2005, 00:41 +0100 schrieb Sjoerd Simons:
> Assuming your gnome-volume-manager prefences are still correct, it's probably
> hal that thinks that you have inserted a blank cd.

And how do I change that? I checked in hal-device-manager. It says
volume.disc.is_blank == 1...

Cheer,

On Wed, Dec 21, 2005 at 07:53:44AM +0100, Christian von Kietzell wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, den 21.12.2005, 00:41 +0100 schrieb Sjoerd Simons:
> > Assuming your gnome-volume-manager prefences are still correct, it's probably
> > hal that thinks that you have inserted a blank cd.
>
> And how do I change that? I checked in hal-device-manager. It says
> volume.disc.is_blank == 1...

You can't (or well you shouldn't). It's a bug in hal or something strange is
going on your cd..

  Sjoerd
--
A priest advised Voltaire on his death bed to renounce the devil.
Replied Voltaire, "This is no time to make new enemies."