how to break debian-user-digest into separate messages?

how to break debian-user-digest into separate messages?

ze phyr
Hi Debianers,

Anyone use mutt here? I subscribed to debian-user list Digest and I am
wondering is there any way to break the whole digest into separate messages?

I noticed in Thunderbird, the digest is sorted as separate messages in
attachments.

Any idea?

regards,

bxuef

Re: how to break debian-user-digest into separate messages?

Ryan Claycamp
On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 at 2216 +0800, phyrster wrote:
>Hi Debianers,
>
>Anyone use mutt here? I subscribed to debian-user list Digest and I
>am wondering is there any way to break the whole digest into separate
>messages?

If you are familiar with procmail there is a recipe to do what you
want.  I found this via Google, from this list in February 1997:

     And if you are subscribed to the digest version you may noticed
     how tedious it is to reply to individual messages (in pine
     anyway.)  In that case you may find this recipe helpful:

     :0:
     * ^[hidden email] | formail +1 -ds >>debian-user

     What this does is split up the digest into individual messages in
     a folder.

     I got these straight from the man pages BTW.  Take a look at
     them, everything is explained there.

Hope this helps.

Ryan
--
Being an irritant is no badge of honor in itself: A grain of sand in an
oyster is an irritant that produces a pearl. A mosquito on a human is an

Re: how to break debian-user-digest into separate messages?

Paul Johnson
On Tuesday July 19 2005 7:16 am, phyrster wrote:
> Anyone use mutt here? I subscribed to debian-user list Digest and I
> am wondering is there any way to break the whole digest into
> separate messages?

Make procmail do it.  This page has several ideas:
http://ursine.ca/cgi-bin/dwww?type=file&location=/usr/share/doc/procmail/examples/2procmailrc

--
Paul Johnson
Email and Instant Messenger (Jabber): [hidden email]