how to install Debian in a palmtop?

Nuno Vasconcellos
Hello,

I am interested in installing Debian in a palmtop, however, I would like to
know how this installation would start, since, palmtops don't have a CD
driver, and Debian offers a installation CD for arm.

In other words, I think I got myself stuck with the concept of installing in
a PC, i.e., insert the media and reboot the system.

Thank you

Re: how to install Debian in a palmtop?

Patrick Bogen
I think the normal way would be to install to some removable media
(i.e., compact flash card), and then install a bootloader somehow to the
device's main storage. I think there's a debian-handheld list for this?

- Patrick Bogen

Nuno Vasconcellos wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am interested in installing Debian in a palmtop, however, I would like
> to know how this installation would start, since, palmtops don't have a
> CD driver, and Debian offers a installation CD for arm.
>
> In other words, I think I got myself stuck with the concept of
> installing in a PC, i.e., insert the media and reboot the system.
>
> Thank you

Re: how to install Debian in a palmtop?

Werner Van Dyck (Thuis)
check this : http://www.pocketworkstation.org/