hping3: git repository missing

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

hping3: git repository missing

Stefan Pietsch-3
Dear Debian developers,

the git repository for hping3 does not exist.

apt source points to git://anonscm.debian.org/collab-maint/hping3.git


$ git clone git://anonscm.debian.org/collab-maint/hping3.git
Cloning into 'hping3'...
fatal: unable to connect to anonscm.debian.org:
anonscm.debian.org[0: 194.177.211.202]: errno=Connection refused
anonscm.debian.org[1: 2001:648:2ffc:deb::211:202]: errno=Connection refused



Regards,
Stefan
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: hping3: git repository missing

Geert Stappers-2
On Mon, Jul 15, 2019 at 03:28:48PM +0000, Stefan Pietsch wrote:

> Dear Debian developers,
>
> the git repository for hping3 does not exist.
>
> apt source points to git://anonscm.debian.org/collab-maint/hping3.git
>
>
> $ git clone git://anonscm.debian.org/collab-maint/hping3.git
> Cloning into 'hping3'...
> fatal: unable to connect to anonscm.debian.org:
> anonscm.debian.org[0: 194.177.211.202]: errno=Connection refused
> anonscm.debian.org[1: 2001:648:2ffc:deb::211:202]: errno=Connection refused
>
Yes, that is what https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/hping3 also says.

At https://anonscm.debian.org/ is a link
to https://alioth-archive.debian.org/

However under https://alioth-archive.debian.org/git/ is
indeed no hping3


So `apt-get source hping3` might a good starting point
to revive  "hping3"



Groeten
Geert Stappers
--
Leven en laten leven

signature.asc (836 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: hping3: git repository missing

Stefan Pietsch-3
On 15.07.19 18:22, Geert Stappers wrote:

> Yes, that is what https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/hping3 also says.
>
> At https://anonscm.debian.org/ is a link
> to https://alioth-archive.debian.org/
>
> However under https://alioth-archive.debian.org/git/ is
> indeed no hping3
>
>
> So `apt-get source hping3` might a good starting point
> to revive  "hping3"

This affects more Debian packages:
https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?email=gui%40iroqwa.org

Do you know if the maintainer is still active?

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: hping3: git repository missing

Holger Levsen-2
On Mon, Jul 15, 2019 at 06:01:39PM +0000, Stefan Pietsch wrote:
> This affects more Debian packages:
> https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?email=gui%40iroqwa.org
>
> Do you know if the maintainer is still active?

it's not a particular problem of this particular maintainer, but rather
of almost 10000 source packages in Debian, see
https://trends.debian.net/#vcs-hosting and look how much alioth is
'still in use'... :/


--
tschau,
        Holger

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
               holger@(debian|reproducible-builds|layer-acht).org
       PGP fingerprint: B8BF 5413 7B09 D35C F026 FE9D 091A B856 069A AA1C

signature.asc (849 bytes) Download Attachment