kernel 2.6.14 vega problem

Mélaine Aubin Guifo
hello,
i have installed the new linux-image 2.6.14, but when boot i became a
blank screen, without any view of boot processes. I had a look at the
configuration file, i found that the vegafb was compiled in the kernel.
I tried to compile the new kernel myself, but there is any way to have
vegafb as module.
How can fix this problem?

Re: kernel 2.6.14 vega problem

Maximilian Attems-3
On Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 12:46:47AM +0100, Mélaine Aubin Guifo wrote:
> hello,
> i have installed the new linux-image 2.6.14, but when boot i became a
> blank screen, without any view of boot processes. I had a look at the
> configuration file, i found that the vegafb was compiled in the kernel.
> I tried to compile the new kernel myself, but there is any way to have
> vegafb as module.
> How can fix this problem?

load fbcon.
initramfs-tools should do that for you.

modular vesafb was a strange feature, didn't really work out.

--
maks

Re: kernel 2.6.14 vega problem

Jonas Smedegaard