kmail/contacts integration for KDEPIM 16.04

kmail/contacts integration for KDEPIM 16.04

Yannick Roehlly
Hi all,

Can those who have upgraded KDEPIM to 16.04 confirm that these things works:

- In Kmail, the mail address completion uses the contact address book?
- Does Kmail display the avatar of the sender (the picture attached to a
  contact in the address book) in the header of the messages.
- Does Krunner search in the contact list (you may need to install
  libkf5akonadisearch-plugins to have the search plugin.

Thanks,

Yannick

--
My father, a good man, told me, "Never lose your ignorance; you cannot
replace it."

Re: kmail/contacts integration for KDEPIM 16.04

Yannick Roehlly
Yannick Roehlly wrote:

> Can those who have upgraded KDEPIM to 16.04 confirm that these things
> works:

Hi again,

Apparently, it takes some time (akonadi migration) but the feature comes
back at one time...

Yannick

--
La literatura puede ser una buena terapia personal, una especie de
psicoan√°lisis por el que no se paga al psicoanalista.

Re: kmail/contacts integration for KDEPIM 16.04

Gael

I just upgraded.
- adress completion is working  correctly (finally !!!)
- i see contact's avatar in mail headers
- krunner is searching in contacts (with help  of libkf5akonadisearch-plugins )

Warnings, migration was a bit slow or buggy and i ended by clearing my akonadi DB.

Gael

Re: kmail/contacts integration for KDEPIM 16.04

Martin Steigerwald
Hello Yannick,

Am Samstag, 9. Juli 2016, 14:41:02 CEST schrieb Yannick Roehlly:
> Yannick Roehlly wrote:
> > Can those who have upgraded KDEPIM to 16.04 confirm that these things
>
> > works:
> Hi again,
>
> Apparently, it takes some time (akonadi migration) but the feature comes
> back at one time...

Hmmm, yes. Baloo for mail as in KDEPIM SC 4.14 was replaced by Akonadi search.
And, I think I have read this somewhere, even completing from addressbook may
not work when akonadi search agent has a non operational mail full text index.

Please allow for the migration to complete. Depending on your setup it may
take some minutes up to several hours or even half a day or more.

Thank you also for reporting the bug about kf5 akonadi search recommends.

Ciao,
--
Martin