[manual-trans] Qustion about "first user" expressions.

[manual-trans] Qustion about "first user" expressions.

hoxp18
To: Debian Edu team,

Greeting.

I want to ask a question about "first user".

In the manual,

* It is a "first" user account in the main server installation.

* "first user" is special account; not "root" itself, though sudoable.

* "first user" name is not mentioned.

Q1: "first user" should be "a unique noun"?

Q2: Should it be translated, or left as "first user" just like "root"?

Opinion: If "first user" is unique noun, then how about force-its-name,
          or provide de-fact account name in the manual?

(My new hardware is still under DRAM check; I have no Edu env yet.)

Regards.

Re: [manual-trans] Qustion about "first user" expressions.

Wolfgang Schweer-3
Hi hoxp18,

On Thu, May 09, 2019 at 05:55:17PM +0900, hoxp18 wrote:
> I want to ask a question about "first user".
>
> In the manual,
>
> * It is a "first" user account in the main server installation.

Yes, that's the user account you are also prompted for on a vanilla
Debian installation.

> * "first user" is special account; not "root" itself, though sudoable.

Yes.

> * "first user" name is not mentioned.

The account depends on your decision at installation time.

> Q1: "first user" should be "a unique noun"?

No, see above.

> Q2: Should it be translated, or left as "first user" just like "root"?

Please translate it and then use this term througout in the manual.

> (My new hardware is still under DRAM check; I have no Edu env yet.)

Good luck.

Wolfgang

Re: [manual-trans] Qustion about "first user" expressions.

hoxp18
Dear Wolfgang Schweer

On 5/9/19 6:16 PM, Wolfgang Schweer wrote:

> Hi hoxp18,
>
> On Thu, May 09, 2019 at 05:55:17PM +0900, hoxp18 wrote:
>> I want to ask a question about "first user".
>>
>> In the manual,
>>
>> * It is a "first" user account in the main server installation.
>
> Yes, that's the user account you are also prompted for on a vanilla
> Debian installation.
>
>> * "first user" is special account; not "root" itself, though sudoable.
>
> Yes.
>
>> * "first user" name is not mentioned.
>
> The account depends on your decision at installation time.
>
>> Q1: "first user" should be "a unique noun"?
>
> No, see above.

Okay, I got it.

>> Q2: Should it be translated, or left as "first user" just like "root"?
>
> Please translate it and then use this term througout in the manual.
>
>> (My new hardware is still under DRAM check; I have no Edu env yet.)
>
> Good luck.
>
> Wolfgang

Ack. Thank you for telling quickly.

Have a nice day.