metacity: svn patch for 2.14.0-1

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

metacity: svn patch for 2.14.0-1

"Øystein Gisnås"
Attached is a tiny patch that basically is my confirmation that metacity
2.14.0 can easily be uploaded to unstable without any big modifications.
I couldn't find anything big looking at the NEWS file, BTS,
linda/lintian, pbuilder and running the package for two days, or
building/running the gnome-control-center package that depends on
libmetacity-private.

There are some bug reports in BTS that might have become obsolete, but
since the issues are not directly mentioned in NEWS, the reporters
should better confirm or disconfirm.

Cheers,
Øystein Gisnås

metacity_2.14.1-1.patch (1K) Download Attachment
signature.asc (198 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: metacity: svn patch for 2.14.0-1

Rob Adams
There may be a desire for an alternate version of the package which has
the --enable-compositor configure option enabled (and adds a libcm
dependency).  This is very much not for the faint of heart though, and
so perhaps not worth it.

-Rob

On Tue, 2006-03-21 at 21:32 +0100, Øystein Gisnås wrote:

> Attached is a tiny patch that basically is my confirmation that metacity
> 2.14.0 can easily be uploaded to unstable without any big modifications.
> I couldn't find anything big looking at the NEWS file, BTS,
> linda/lintian, pbuilder and running the package for two days, or
> building/running the gnome-control-center package that depends on
> libmetacity-private.
>
> There are some bug reports in BTS that might have become obsolete, but
> since the issues are not directly mentioned in NEWS, the reporters
> should better confirm or disconfirm.
>
> Cheers,
> Øystein Gisnås

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: metacity: svn patch for 2.14.0-1

Sjoerd Simons-2
On Tue, Mar 21, 2006 at 02:17:31PM -0800, Rob Adams wrote:
> There may be a desire for an alternate version of the package which has
> the --enable-compositor configure option enabled (and adds a libcm
> dependency).  This is very much not for the faint of heart though, and
> so perhaps not worth it.

I guess the following quote from the configure script says it all:

  Not building compositing manager by default now, must enable explicitly to
  get it. And it doesn't work, so don't bother unless you want to hack on it.

Sjoerd
--
But it does move!
                -- Galileo Galilei


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to [hidden email]
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: metacity: svn patch for 2.14.0-1

Niv Altivanik (Debian)

#oops, sorry Sjoerd I didn't mean to address you this mail personally
 ..

I compiled it and tested, and it _is_ unusable, but maybe work can be
done now as the packaging shouldn't change much on the time it'll be
stable and useable.

Anyway our users may want to play with it and it's not really hard to
give them the opportunity to do so. It might even make a 'Debian sux
because it doesn't have bling' die, so why not ?

I've attached a basic libcm package, I'm not sure about the package
name (called it libcm7 as it export a so.7), I guess the description
should be something like:
A library that eases the work of composting managers to get fancy
effects.

But I've never  been really good on descriptions anyway.

Hope it helps.

--
Niv Sardi-Altivanik <[hidden email]>
Debian::GNU/Linux::Addict, Wannabe Debian Developper,
please test my packages: http://cxhome.ath.cx/debian
> Random Fortune (To make your day better if not wiser) <
De donde no hay, no se puede sacar.

libcm_0.0.16-1.diff.gz (2K) Download Attachment
libcm_0.0.16-1.dsc (594 bytes) Download Attachment
attachment2 (196 bytes) Download Attachment
attachment3 (196 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: metacity: svn patch for 2.14.0-1

Jérôme Warnier
Le mercredi 22 mars 2006 à 00:57 +0100, Niv Altivanik a écrit :

> #oops, sorry Sjoerd I didn't mean to address you this mail personally
>  ..
>
> I compiled it and tested, and it _is_ unusable, but maybe work can be
> done now as the packaging shouldn't change much on the time it'll be
> stable and useable.
>
> Anyway our users may want to play with it and it's not really hard to
> give them the opportunity to do so. It might even make a 'Debian sux
> because it doesn't have bling' die, so why not ?
>
> I've attached a basic libcm package, I'm not sure about the package
> name (called it libcm7 as it export a so.7), I guess the description
> should be something like:
> A library that eases the work of composting managers to get fancy
> effects.
This patch includes CVS administratives files and directories. Just try
to think about using cvs "export" instead of "checkout" to avoid this.

Thanks

> But I've never  been really good on descriptions anyway.

> Hope it helps.
--
Jérôme Warnier
FLOSS Consultant
http://beeznest.net

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: metacity: svn patch for 2.14.0-1

CJ van den Berg
In reply to this post by Rob Adams
There is a post 2.14 patch to metacity (in CVS head) that makes it possible
to enable/disable the compositor at runtime. This patch was shipped in
Fedora Core 5.

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/metacity-devel-list/2006-February/msg00004.html

This would really be the best way to go as it doesn't have any effect when
turned off and it's much easier and makes more sense than packaging two
separate packages.

--
CJ van den Berg

mailto:[hidden email]
  xmpp:[hidden email]

signature.asc (198 bytes) Download Attachment