move file to another package

Fernando Toledo
Hi all

I search for best practices/workflow to move file from one pacakge to
another in upgrades

I have Package A that contain a conffile /etc/my_file its made for wheezy.
i want to move this file to package B for jessie
I remove the file from package A and put in into package B
but, on upgrate, it fail because package B can not override file that
live in package A.
i known that can install with dpkg --force-all but i search to get into
clean upgrade.

--
Fernando Toledo
Dock Sud BBS

Re: move file to another package

Simon Richter-2

9 de febrero del 2015 17:12, "Simon Richter" <[hidden email]> escribió:

> Hi,
>
> Am 09.02.2015 um 18:07 schrieb Fernando Toledo:
>
>> I search for best practices/workflow to move file from one pacakge
>> to another in upgrades
>
> This is handled by the Replaces: relationship, as defined at
>
> https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-relationships.html#s-replaces
>
> and further explained at
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/PackageTransition
>
> Simon