mutt imap_headers

debuser-2
A question about mutt over imap in stretch.  In my .muttrc (what I
think are the relevant lines),

   set imap_headers = "X-SPAM-STATUS"
   set index_format="%H %Z %d %-15.15F %s"
   spam "X-Spam-Status: Yes" "spam"

The good part: when I open a message having the header "X-Spam-Status:
Yes", the "spam" marker appears in the index in place of "%H".

The not so good: no marker appears until I open messages.  I
had expected that my imap_headers setting would cause the marker to
appear on all the qualifying messages in the index.  How can I make
that happen?

Thanks
Nick

Re: mutt imap_headers [solved]

debuser-2
On 2019-03-31 17:07 BST, Nick wrote:
> The not so good: no marker appears until I open messages.  I
> had expected that my imap_headers setting would cause the marker to
> appear on all the qualifying messages in the index.  How can I make
> that happen?

Solved: close mutt, delete .hcache files under ~/.mutt/cache, reopen
mutt.  Thanks to kevin8t8 in freenode #mutt.
Nick

Re: mutt imap_headers [solved]

Jochen Spieker
Nick:
> On 2019-03-31 17:07 BST, Nick wrote:
>>
>> The not so good: no marker appears until I open messages.  I
>> had expected that my imap_headers setting would cause the marker to
>> appear on all the qualifying messages in the index.  How can I make
>> that happen?
>
> Solved: close mutt, delete .hcache files under ~/.mutt/cache, reopen
> mutt.  Thanks to kevin8t8 in freenode #mutt.

Thanks! Now that you mention it, I think I was bitten by this earlier in
a similar context.

J.
--
The news at ten makes me peevish but animal hospital makes me cry.
[Agree]   [Disagree]