new maintainer for package 'urlscan'

Boruch Baum
Package 'urlscan'[1] in debian is ten point releases and over three
years behind the developer's latest release[2], the listed debian
maintainer hasn't responded to my e-mails, and the developer doesn't
seem sure if the debian maintainer is still active[3]. The package is
not on the current orphaned list[4]. All that being the case, I thought
to offer to become the maintainer, thus this email to ask what the
specific process would be in this case, and who would be available to
mentor me. I probably have some history with debian that might be on
record from years ago; I vaguely recall either e-signing or certifying a
few documents, but in practice my past attempts to contribute to debian
have been via bug reports and suggestions.

[1] https://github.com/firecat53/urlscan
[2] https://github.com/firecat53/urlscan/releases
[3] https://github.com/firecat53/urlscan/issues/86#issuecomment-479557966
[4] https://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/orphaned

--
hkp://keys.gnupg.net
CA45 09B5 5351 7C11 A9D1  7286 0036 9E45 1595 8BC0

Re: new maintainer for package 'urlscan'

Jérémy Lal-2

Le lun. 8 avr. 2019 à 15:22, Boruch Baum <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Package 'urlscan'[1] in debian is ten point releases and over three
years behind the developer's latest release[2], the listed debian
maintainer hasn't responded to my e-mails, and the developer doesn't
seem sure if the debian maintainer is still active[3]. The package is
not on the current orphaned list[4]. All that being the case, I thought
to offer to become the maintainer, thus this email to ask what the
specific process would be in this case, and who would be available to
mentor me. I probably have some history with debian that might be on
record from years ago; I vaguely recall either e-signing or certifying a
few documents, but in practice my past attempts to contribute to debian
have been via bug reports and suggestions.

You ought to check

and propose to the last DD who signed the upload to sponsor your upload.

Jérémy

[1] https://github.com/firecat53/urlscan
[2] https://github.com/firecat53/urlscan/releases
[3] https://github.com/firecat53/urlscan/issues/86#issuecomment-479557966
[4] https://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/orphaned

--
hkp://keys.gnupg.net
CA45 09B5 5351 7C11 A9D1  7286 0036 9E45 1595 8BC0

Re: new maintainer for package 'urlscan'

Paul Wise via nm
On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 9:26 PM Jérémy Lal wrote:

> You ought to check
> https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/urlscan
>
> and propose to the last DD who signed the upload to sponsor your upload.

I'd suggest following the salvaging process:

https://wiki.debian.org/PackageSalvaging

Some other useful links:

https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/ch07.en.html#mia-qa
https://mentors.debian.net/sponsors/rfs-howto
https://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting#xcc

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise

Re: new maintainer for package 'urlscan'

Dominique Dumont
On Monday, 8 April 2019 15:21:48 CEST Boruch Baum wrote:
> Package 'urlscan'[1] in debian is ten point releases and over three
> years behind the developer's latest release[2], the listed debian

As urlscan is a python script, you may want to reach out to Python packaging
team.

The Python page in Debian wiki [1] contains information on how to contact them
and the main pointers to package python for Debian.

HTH

Dod

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/Python