odd problems with GNOME for last week or two

odd problems with GNOME for last week or two

Calum Mackay
bit vague, apologies...

for the last week or two - Debian unstable - I seem to be suffering some
odd GNOME issues, including:

o Preferred apps not being started (e.g. Thunderbird starts Amaya
instead of Firefox)

o Existing keyboard shortcuts stopped working

o List of Actions in "Keyboard Shortcuts" truncated (see screenshot)

o Keyboard repeat stopped working

I don't see any related bugs, so I assume something is messed up
somewhere...

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions...

best regards,
calu.m

Screenshot-Keyboard Shortcuts.png (51K) Download Attachment

Re: odd problems with GNOME for last week or two

Florian Ludwig
Calum Mackay wrote:

> bit vague, apologies...
>
> for the last week or two - Debian unstable - I seem to be suffering
> some odd GNOME issues, including:
>
> o Preferred apps not being started (e.g. Thunderbird starts Amaya
> instead of Firefox)
>
> o Existing keyboard shortcuts stopped working
>
> o List of Actions in "Keyboard Shortcuts" truncated (see screenshot)
>
> o Keyboard repeat stopped working
>
> I don't see any related bugs, so I assume something is messed up
> somewhere...

if you start it (eg gnome-keybinding-properties) from a terminal did you
get any (usefull) output?

Did you rememver something you did one or two weeks ago (that we could
blame)

florian ludwig.

Re: odd problems with GNOME for last week or two

Calum Mackay
thanks for the reply, Florian,

> if you start it (eg gnome-keybinding-properties) from a terminal did you
> get any (usefull) output?

No; no output on cmdline, and no change in app appearance.

> Did you rememver something you did one or two weeks ago (that we could
> blame)

I regularly "apt-get upgrade", but I couldn't say exactly when I noticed
it, unfortunately, nor exactly what pkgs were involved :(

cheers,
calum.

Re: odd problems with GNOME for last week or two

Calum Mackay
No-one have any suggestions at all?

Assuming that I've got some messed-up config file, and suggestions as to
what file(s) I should delete?

thanks much for any ideas.

best regards,
calum.