package fractal

Abhijith PA-4

Re: package fractal

Paul Wise via nm
On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 8:45 PM, Abhijith PA wrote:

> Is there any plan to package fractal for debian.

The way to find that out is to browse/search the WNPP bugs:

https://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/

I couldn't find any WNPP bugs about fractal.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise

Re: package fractal

Jeremy Bicha-5
On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 8:45 AM, Abhijith PA <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is there any plan to package fractal for debian.

It is a rust app so it's a bit more complicated to package for Debian.
I believe it also needs several dependencies to be packaged. I don't
have any plans to work on packaging fractal.

> The current installation via flatpak is really heavy.

What does that mean?

Jeremy Bicha

Re: package fractal

Abhijith PA-4
Hello.

On Saturday 05 May 2018 07:04 AM, Jeremy Bicha wrote:
> On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 8:45 AM, Abhijith PA <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Is there any plan to package fractal for debian.
>
> It is a rust app so it's a bit more complicated to package for Debian.
> I believe it also needs several dependencies to be packaged. I don't
> have any plans to work on packaging fractal.

I will be looking to this.

>> The current installation via flatpak is really heavy.
>
> What does that mean?

flatpak install pulling things around 250mb.  ( I haven't used flatpak
before)

> Jeremy Bicha

--abhijith

Re: package fractal

Sebastian Heinlein-7
On Sat, May 05, 2018 at 09:20:21AM +0530, Abhijith PA wrote:
>flatpak install pulling things around 250mb.  ( I haven't used flatpak
>before)

Flatpak requires all dependencies to be in the sandbox - but they
can be reused by other flatpaks. So your second flatpak application
should download faster.

Cheers,

Sebastian