paste.debian.net discontinued ?

Jérôme BATAILLE-2

Hi dear debian users.

Does someone knows if paste.debian.net is discontinued ?

Thanks for your replies.

Re: paste.debian.net discontinued ?

Roberto C. Sánchez-2
On Mon, Jun 03, 2019 at 11:40:34AM +0200, Jérôme BATAILLE wrote:
>    Hi dear debian users.
>
>    Does someone knows if paste.debian.net is discontinued ?
>
>    Thanks for your replies.

It could just be that the service is down temporarily.  The debian.net
domain is available to Debian developers, who can self-register
sub-domains for hosting unofficial or semi-official services.  For
example, this was done with snapshots.debian.org (as
snapshots.debian.net at the start) while the service was initially
implemented and its utility was proven.  It was later made "official" as
snapshots.debian.org.

Either way, the point is that services under debian.net have no
significant reliability or infrastructure requirements and may be
self-hosted by a an individual in such a way as to not be resilient.

Given the popularity of paste.debian.net, I would hope that it doesn't
suffer from neglect, but I do not know for certain.  As an unofficial
service, it may not be easy to find out it its true state in that
regard.

Regards,

-Roberto
Roberto C. Sánchez

Re: paste.debian.net discontinued ?

Andrew McGlashan

Re: paste.debian.net discontinued ?

Jérôme BATAILLE-2
Thanks a lot, for your replies and reactivity  !