problems after apt-get upgrade

Colin Cotter
Dear list,

    I did a regular apt-get upgrade on my laptop yesterday, with a lot
of new updates. Now when I try to boot my 2.6.15 kernel I get

... ... can't access tty; job control turned off
/dev/hda1 does not exist

Everything works fine with my 2.6.12 kernel. Does anybody know why
this has happened and how to fix it? Also, when I try to run apt-get
update having booted the 2.6.12 kernel, apt says it is
"keeping back" about 200 packages.

What is wrong?

best wishes

--Colin

Re: problems after apt-get upgrade

takisd
this is i think related to another post i just replied to.

in any case check out:

http://debcentral.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=103&forum=4

there is a bug in the generation of the initrd kernel image on install.

hope this helps.

Takis

On Sat, 2006-02-18 at 11:19 +0000, Colin Cotter wrote:

> Dear list,
>
>     I did a regular apt-get upgrade on my laptop yesterday, with a lot
> of new updates. Now when I try to boot my 2.6.15 kernel I get
>
> ... ... can't access tty; job control turned off
> /dev/hda1 does not exist
>
> Everything works fine with my 2.6.12 kernel. Does anybody know why
> this has happened and how to fix it? Also, when I try to run apt-get
> update having booted the 2.6.12 kernel, apt says it is
> "keeping back" about 200 packages.
>
> What is wrong?
>
> best wishes
>
> --Colin

Re: problems after apt-get upgrade

Colin Cotter
Thanks for your reply -- the workaround fixed it for me.

--all the best

Colin

--
http://www.gloworms.org.uk