problems with udev and orinoco_cs pcmcia driver

problems with udev and orinoco_cs pcmcia driver

Andrea Ferraresi

Re: problems with udev and orinoco_cs pcmcia driver

takisd
whats the kernel version?

the debian stock kernel 2.6.15 does dump some apparently harmless udev
errors on boot. i read this was a bug in the initrd image build on
kernel installation. not really sure. i also found that rebuilding the
initrd file for that kernel using (for example) yaird fixes this.

it fixed it on one machine here, but not another so i'm not really sure.

not really sure this is correct... perhaps someone can confirm.

Takis

Re: problems with udev and orinoco_cs pcmcia driver

Richard Lyons
On Friday, 17 February 2006 at 21:41:07 +0100, Andrea Ferraresi wrote:
[...]
> Second: my pcmcia card with orinoco_cs driver doesn't let me set wep
> key

I have the same issue with orinoco_cs on sid on a thinkpad 600E.  I had
a lot of advice here about a month ago, but never solved it.  (Also
another thread on debian-user).  Only suggestion I haven't yet tried was
to get the latest driver -- though I forget from where.  Please keep us
informed if you make any progress, as I have to turn WEP encryption off
at the router every time I use that thinkpad.

--
richard