proposed removal of mtrack package

Hamish Moffatt
I propose that mtrack be removed from Debian. G4KLX, the upstream
author, recommends using predict instead (on his web page).

It uses the old GTK+ 1.2 libraries so won't be buildable indefinitely.

Any objections?

I just uploaded it for the debian-hams team anyway.

Hamish
--
Hamish Moffatt VK3SB <[hidden email]> <[hidden email]>

Re: proposed removal of mtrack package

Jaime Robles-2
On Fri, Oct 19, 2007 at 12:36:06AM +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> I propose that mtrack be removed from Debian. G4KLX, the upstream
> author, recommends using predict instead (on his web page).
I am thinking the same about KTrack.
It has been discontinued for several years and I cannot get in contact with
the author.

I think KTrack should not be in Debian anymore.

It's a pitty since I think it was a very good project.

Jaime.

Re: proposed removal of mtrack package

Joop Stakenborg

Op vrijdag 19-10-2007 om 00:36 uur [tijdzone +1000], schreef Hamish
Moffatt:
> I propose that mtrack be removed from Debian. G4KLX, the upstream
> author, recommends using predict instead (on his web page).
>
> It uses the old GTK+ 1.2 libraries so won't be buildable indefinitely.
>
> Any objections?

I think it's a good idea to clean up the package list once in a while...

> I just uploaded it for the debian-hams team anyway.
>
> Hamish
> --
> Hamish Moffatt VK3SB <[hidden email]> <[hidden email]>

Regards,
Joop

Re: proposed removal of mtrack package

Nate Bargmann
* Hamish Moffatt <[hidden email]> [2007 Oct 18 09:44 -0500]:
> I propose that mtrack be removed from Debian. G4KLX, the upstream
> author, recommends using predict instead (on his web page).
>
> It uses the old GTK+ 1.2 libraries so won't be buildable indefinitely.
>
> Any objections?

No objections from me even though I used it some a number of years
back.  Predict is an excellent choice and I have used it for several
years.

73, de Nate >>

--
 Wireless | Amateur Radio Station N0NB          |  Successfully Microsoft
  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.

On Thu, Oct 18, 2007 at 04:14:16PM -0500, Nate Bargmann wrote:

> * Hamish Moffatt <[hidden email]> [2007 Oct 18 09:44 -0500]:
> > I propose that mtrack be removed from Debian. G4KLX, the upstream
> > author, recommends using predict instead (on his web page).
> >
> > It uses the old GTK+ 1.2 libraries so won't be buildable indefinitely.
> >
> > Any objections?
>
> No objections from me even though I used it some a number of years
> back.  Predict is an excellent choice and I have used it for several
> years.

And for GUI there is gpredict which is actively maintained, as well as
ktrack (noting Jamie's comments about its state also).

Hamish
--
Hamish Moffatt VK3SB <[hidden email]> <[hidden email]>