qrq - Debian package

Corny, Df6fR
Hi Debian-Hams list,

a friend of mine (Fabian, DJ1YFK) wrote a nice CW contest training
program:
http://fkurz.net/ham/qrq.html

I build a package on my testing system:
http://www.qsl.net/df6fr/qrq-testing/

Now I was wondering if someone could check the package and if we can
get it in the distribution if it is alright!

TIA

73 de Corny, Df6fR
--
                             Cornell P Gonschior, Df6fR

Re: qrq - Debian package

Nate Bargmann
* Corny, Df6fR <[hidden email]> [2007 Jul 04 18:51 -0500]:
> Hi Debian-Hams list,
>
> a friend of mine (Fabian, DJ1YFK) wrote a nice CW contest training
> program:
> http://fkurz.net/ham/qrq.html

Ohhhh!  Wicked!

This is good training and, alas, I am quite slow.  The default speed of
280 (56 WPM) was just a wee bit beyond my ability!  :-(  I set it to
100 (20 WPM) and that was much better.  Right off the bat I hit a high
of 120 and then sunk down quite a bit.  Practice.  Practice. Practice!

> I build a package on my testing system:
> http://www.qsl.net/df6fr/qrq-testing/

Thank you!  It installed without complaint on my Sid box.

> Now I was wondering if someone could check the package and if we can
> get it in the distribution if it is alright!

I'm not a DD, but I think this would be a very worthwhile addition.  I
like the way it changes the sent speed up or down depending on one's
copy.

73, de Nate >>

--
 Wireless | Amateur Radio Station N0NB          |  Successfully Microsoft
  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.

Re: qrq - Debian package

Corny, Df6fR
Am Wed, 4 Jul 2007 20:06:53 -0500 schrieb Nate Bargmann
<[hidden email]>:

> Ohhhh!  Wicked!
>
> This is good training and, alas, I am quite slow.  The default speed of
> 280 (56 WPM) was just a wee bit beyond my ability!  :-(  I set it to
> 100 (20 WPM) and that was much better.  Right off the bat I hit a high
> of 120 and then sunk down quite a bit.  Practice.  Practice. Practice!

Glad you like it. At the moment I start of with 160 and then settle
around 200. Although I had a high of 260, once. Always depends on the
callsigns you get. You can make good points with long ones and a speed
of 180, too.

> Thank you!  It installed without complaint on my Sid box.

That's great! But I didn't expect otherwise either :-)

> I'm not a DD, but I think this would be a very worthwhile addition.
That's exactly why I packaged it in the first place.

                             Cornell P Gonschior, Df6fR

Re: qrq - Debian package

Joop Stakenborg
>> I'm not a DD, but I think this would be a very worthwhile addition.
> That's exactly why I packaged it in the first place.

Rather than packaging another Debian package which I don't use myself, I
would like to see more Hamradio Operators become Debian Developers! The
process is relatively simple, see:

http://www.debian.org/devel/join/newmaint

> 73
> --
>                              Cornell P Gonschior, Df6fR

Joop, PG4I

Re: qrq - Debian package

Corny, Df6fR
-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 11:39:49 +0200 (CEST)
Von: "Joop Stakenborg" <[hidden email]>
An: "Corny, Df6fR" <[hidden email]>
CC: "Debian-Hams" <[hidden email]>
Betreff: Re: qrq - Debian package

> >> I'm not a DD, but I think this would be a very worthwhile addition.
> > That's exactly why I packaged it in the first place.
> >

> Rather than packaging another Debian package which I don't use myself, I
> would like to see more Hamradio Operators become Debian Developers! The
> process is relatively simple, see:
>
> http://www.debian.org/devel/join/newmaint

I didn't mean you to package it! I'm already packaging it. I was hoping someone could sponsor the package. Because, AFAIK, it takes sometime to become a Debian Developer.

Thanks for the URL. I already had it and wanted to take closer look at the process in the next days!

73 de Corny
--
                             Cornell P Gonschior, Df6fR

Re: qrq - Debian package

Joop Stakenborg
Op donderdag 05-07-2007 om 19:23 uur [tijdzone +0200], schreef Cornell
> I didn't mean you to package it! I'm already packaging it. I was hoping someone could sponsor the package. Because, AFAIK, it takes sometime to become a Debian Developer.
>
> Thanks for the URL. I already had it and wanted to take closer look at the process in the next days!

Please do!

Once you decided to join Debian, I will be happy to sponsor your
package!

> 73 de Corny
> --
>                              Cornell P Gonschior, Df6fR