recent dovecot trouble

ghe-2
FWIW, IMAP is back. I copied the dovecot dist config folder to
/etc/dovecot and turned plainText passwords back on, and everything came
back to life.

I have a big collection of email clients now: mutt, clawsMail,
Thunderbird, Sylpheed, Geary...

And dovecot has been declared a mixed blessing. There are more lines of
code in its eleventy million config files that there are in gcc. And SQL
databases? For an IMAP server?

Thanks again, list.

Glenn English

Re: recent dovecot trouble

Dan Purgert

--
|_|O|_|

Re: recent dovecot trouble

ghe-2
On 5/20/19 5:15 AM, Dan Purgert wrote:

> What'd the problem end up being? Password database went sideways?

I'm not sure. Replacing the directory of config files with the dist
config dir (and some mild futzing) fixed it.

I'm guessing, like you suggest, that something or other in a secret
password something or other got bent somehow. I've had more pleasant
weekends.

--
Glenn English