restore default permissions to /usr/bin /usr/sbin

restore default permissions to /usr/bin /usr/sbin

ze phyr
Hi Debianers,

After an installation of Realplayer in /usr, I noticed that file permissions
under this dir is changed. Particulary, users can't read into /usr/bin and I
suspect that /usr/sbin is affected as well.

Could anyone tell me what is the default permissions of these three
directories in Sarge: /usr  /usr/bin /usr/sbin. And preferably the command
that sets permissions. chmod command is a bit scaring as I am still learning
the most efficient parameters/options to run this command for such task.

Thank you.

bxuef

Re: restore default permissions to /usr/bin /usr/sbin

Xeno Campanoli

--
Xeno Campanoli, [hidden email], http://www.eskimo.com/~xeno
The Internet:  I'd rather have Al invent it than have George take it over.