search problem on historical.packages.debian.org ?

search problem on historical.packages.debian.org ?

Matija Nalis-4
Hi,

trying any search on https://historical.packages.debian.org/ produces error:

404
Not Found

The requested URL /cgi-bin/dispatcher.fcgi/search was not found on this server.
Apache Server at historical.packages.debian.org Port 443

Opinions above are GNU-copylefted.

Re: search problem on historical.packages.debian.org ?

Holger Wansing-2
Hi,

Matija Nalis <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> trying any search on https://historical.packages.debian.org/ produces error:
>
> 404
> Not Found
>
> The requested URL /cgi-bin/dispatcher.fcgi/search was not found on this server.
> Apache Server at historical.packages.debian.org Port 443

Works for me.
Maybe only a temporary problem?

Holger

Created with Sylpheed 3.5.1 under
        D E B I A N   L I N U X   9   " S T R E T C H " .

RE: search problem on historical.packages.debian.org ?

High IT Pro
Same here, 404 Not Found and same message

> The requested URL /cgi-bin/dispatcher.fcgi/search was not found on this
server.
> Apache Server at historical.packages.debian.org Port 443

Works for me.
Maybe only a temporary problem?

Holger

Created with Sylpheed 3.5.1 under
        D E B I A N   L I N U X   9   " S T R E T C H " .

Re: search problem on historical.packages.debian.org ?

Richard Owlett-3
On 11/01/2018 05:16 AM, Holger Wansing wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Matija Nalis <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> trying any search on https://historical.packages.debian.org/ produces error:
>>
>> 404
>> Not Found
>>
>> The requested URL /cgi-bin/dispatcher.fcgi/search was not found on this server.
>> Apache Server at historical.packages.debian.org Port 443
>
> Works for me.
> Maybe only a temporary problem?
>

> Holger

I see the problem also.

Re: search problem on historical.packages.debian.org ?

Paul Wise via nm
On Thu, Nov 1, 2018 at 6:16 PM Holger Wansing wrote:
> Matija Nalis <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > trying any search on https://historical.packages.debian.org/ produces error:
> Maybe only a temporary problem?

As far as I know, the setup for this service was never completed.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise

Re: search problem on historical.packages.debian.org ?

Laura Arjona Reina-4
Hi Matija

El 1/11/18 a las 3:09, Matija Nalis escribió:

> Hi,
>
> trying any search on https://historical.packages.debian.org/ produces error:
>
> 404
> Not Found
>
> The requested URL /cgi-bin/dispatcher.fcgi/search was not found on this server.
> Apache Server at historical.packages.debian.org Port 443

Unfortunately historical.packages.debian.org website has not been fully
setup yet. Meanwhile the issues get fixed, maybe
https://snapshot.debian.org/ serves for your needs (it works in a
different way than packages.debian.org, though).

Sorry for the inconveniences.

Kind regards

--
Laura Arjona Reina
https://wiki.debian.org/LauraArjona

On Sun, Dec 09, 2018 at 12:20:55AM +0100, Laura Arjona Reina wrote:

> El 1/11/18 a las 3:09, Matija Nalis escribió:
> > trying any search on https://historical.packages.debian.org/ produces error:
> >
> > 404
> > Not Found
> >
> > The requested URL /cgi-bin/dispatcher.fcgi/search was not found on this server.
> > Apache Server at historical.packages.debian.org Port 443
>
> Unfortunately historical.packages.debian.org website has not been fully
> setup yet. Meanwhile the issues get fixed, maybe
> https://snapshot.debian.org/ serves for your needs (it works in a
> different way than packages.debian.org, though).

Thanks Laura,

Unfortunately web search at https://snapshot.debian.org does not help
my purpose (which was finiding latest published version of package
for old Debian distributions), as it does not list which version was
in which Debian version.

I could've probably used the instructions there to create apt
sources.list with snapshot.debian.org URLs and using "apt-cache
search" to browse the packages, though.

In the end (as I didn't want to upset current machine apt cache)
I've instead opted to fetch:
http://archive.debian.org/debian/dists/woody/main/binary-i386/Packages.bz2
http://archive.debian.org/debian-security/dists/woody/updates/main/binary-i386/Packages.bz2
etc.