snmp software

Brad Brock-2
I want to use a software that can manage several PC
Routers (with debian running on them). What software
should I use to manage them? Especially to manage
bandwith, a kind of traffic control among interfaces
on each router. Thank you.

Re: snmp software

Robson-2
Brad Brock wrote:

>I want to use a software that can manage several PC
>Routers (with debian running on them). What software
>should I use to manage them? Especially to manage
>bandwith, a kind of traffic control among interfaces
>on each router. Thank you.

>Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
>http://mail.yahoo.com

You can use MRTG software based on Perl. See http://oss.oetiker.ch/mrtg/

Robson
http://bu.bee.pl

Re: snmp software

anoop aryal
On Sunday 14 May 2006 14:46, Robson wrote:

> Brad Brock wrote:
> >I want to use a software that can manage several PC
> >Routers (with debian running on them). What software
> >should I use to manage them? Especially to manage
> >bandwith, a kind of traffic control among interfaces
> >on each router. Thank you.

> >Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
> >http://mail.yahoo.com
>
> You can use MRTG software based on Perl. See http://oss.oetiker.ch/mrtg/

MRTG is only capable of monitoring AFAIK. and is limited to bandwidth
utilization. the plus side to that is that is pretty simple to setup.

'cacti' seems to be more full featured. but only for monitoring as well. i
haven't found any 'managing' software for SNMP in debian yet.

--

anoop aryal