some packages lack for Gnome 3.10

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
13 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

some packages lack for Gnome 3.10

Hideki Yamane (Debian-JP)
Hi,

 I've noticed we don't have some packages for Gnome 3.10
 as http://www.0d.be/debian/debian-gnome-3.10-status.html says.
 (gnome-photo, gnome-weather, etc.)

 Does anyone work for this?
 If not, can I join to pay some effort?

--
Regards,

 Hideki Yamane     henrich @ debian.or.jp/org
 http://wiki.debian.org/HidekiYamane


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to [hidden email]
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact [hidden email]
Archive: http://lists.debian.org/20131230220642.da729c83706334b0283a2332@...

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Status of GNOME 3.10 in Debian?

Johannes Rohr-2
Hi everyone,

I just saw this posting and I basically have the same question. Is it
that nobody has the time to take care of these packages, or are we
waiting for some transition to complete?

I'd really love to test out GNOME 3.10, but in the current incomplete
state it seems to make limited sense.

Just curious to know...

Thanks,

Johannes

Am 30.12.2013 14:06, schrieb Hideki Yamane:
> Hi,
>
>   I've noticed we don't have some packages for Gnome 3.10
>   as http://www.0d.be/debian/debian-gnome-3.10-status.html says.
>   (gnome-photo, gnome-weather, etc.)
>
>   Does anyone work for this?
>   If not, can I join to pay some effort?
>



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to [hidden email]
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact [hidden email]
Archive: http://lists.debian.org/lbr2r5$5gn$1@...

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Status of GNOME 3.10 in Debian?

Jordi Mallach
El dj 23 de 01 de 2014 a les 13:44 +0100, en/na Johannes Rohr va
escriure:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I just saw this posting and I basically have the same question. Is it
> that nobody has the time to take care of these packages, or are we
> waiting for some transition to complete?
>
> I'd really love to test out GNOME 3.10, but in the current incomplete
> state it seems to make limited sense.
>
> Just curious to know...

I suspect things will start moving when #727708 is closed.

--
Jordi Mallach Pérez  --  Debian developer     http://www.debian.org/
[hidden email]     [hidden email]     http://www.sindominio.net/
GnuPG public key information available at http://oskuro.net/


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to [hidden email]
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact [hidden email]
Archive: http://lists.debian.org/1390552055.18753.41.camel@...

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Status of GNOME 3.10 in Debian?

SDA-2
On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 09:27:35AM +0100, Jordi Mallach wrote:

> El dj 23 de 01 de 2014 a les 13:44 +0100, en/na Johannes Rohr va
> escriure:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I just saw this posting and I basically have the same question. Is it
> > that nobody has the time to take care of these packages, or are we
> > waiting for some transition to complete?
> >
> > I'd really love to test out GNOME 3.10, but in the current incomplete
> > state it seems to make limited sense.
> >
> > Just curious to know...
>
> I suspect things will start moving when #727708 is closed.


<sigh> Just great. :(


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to [hidden email]
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact [hidden email]
Archive: http://lists.debian.org/20140124195716.GA3803@...

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Status of GNOME 3.10 in Debian?

Paul Wise via nm
In reply to this post by Jordi Mallach
On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 4:27 PM, Jordi Mallach wrote:

> I suspect things will start moving when #727708 is closed.

For those of us who already use systemd, it would be great to be able
to use GNOME 3.10 from experimental. I already upgraded parts of my
gnome packages to experimental but can't upgrade some things due to
dependency breakage, missing updates and so on.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to [hidden email]
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact [hidden email]
Archive: http://lists.debian.org/CAKTje6FtSq_trdaJR5LvXfE4TRfzB0OQRZoWPTzncorVrABTPg@...

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Status of GNOME 3.10 in Debian?

Johannes Rohr-2
In reply to this post by Jordi Mallach
Am 24.01.2014 09:27, schrieb Jordi Mallach:
> El dj 23 de 01 de 2014 a les 13:44 +0100, en/na Johannes Rohr va
>
> I'd really love to test out GNOME 3.10, but in the current incomplete
> state it seems to make limited sense.
>
> Just curious to know...
> I suspect things will start moving when #727708 is closed.

at https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=727708 it says:

"This issue was decided by committee vote concluded 11 Feb 2014:

https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=727708#6734"

So what is holding things up? Meanwhile, some GNOME 3.12 beta packages
seem to have been uploaded. Isn't that a bit too messy? I mean - mixing
three different GNOME releases in the archive?

Thanks,

Johannes

P.S.: Again, sorry for just nagging while being unable to contribute
myself. It is just that I have the feeling, that a couple of years back,
package maintenance in Debian was much smoother, and the GNOME team was
much more active, I suppose there were many more people helping out than
nowadays and I see this with some concern


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to [hidden email]
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact [hidden email]
Archive: https://lists.debian.org/lge4kd$39g$1@...

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Status of GNOME 3.10 in Debian?

Emilio Pozuelo Monfort-4
On 20/03/14 08:16, Johannes Rohr wrote:

> Am 24.01.2014 09:27, schrieb Jordi Mallach:
>> El dj 23 de 01 de 2014 a les 13:44 +0100, en/na Johannes Rohr va
>>
>> I'd really love to test out GNOME 3.10, but in the current incomplete
>> state it seems to make limited sense.
>>
>> Just curious to know...
>> I suspect things will start moving when #727708 is closed.
>
> at https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=727708 it says:
>
> "This issue was decided by committee vote concluded 11 Feb 2014:
>
> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=727708#6734"
>
> So what is holding things up? Meanwhile, some GNOME 3.12 beta packages seem to
> have been uploaded. Isn't that a bit too messy? I mean - mixing three different
> GNOME releases in the archive?

A bit, yes. We plan on pushing 3.12 to sid as soon as 3.12 final is released.
That is, next week. That will take a while to complete as there are various
transitions involved, but we'll get there.

Emilio


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to [hidden email]
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact [hidden email]
Archive: https://lists.debian.org/532AB3A7.4090301@...

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Status of GNOME 3.10 in Debian?

Johannes Rohr-2
One question: On
https://plus.google.com/u/0/+WorldofgnomeOrg/posts/WunFLk5ES6W I read in
a comment:

" The new decision is: all Gnome versions released close to Debian
freeze will come to Debian sid and testing, the other versions stay on
experimental (like 3.10)."

Is this accurate? Personally, I like being up to date, but using
experimental has been a constant PITA, because of frequent dependency
issues.

Johannes


Am 20.03.2014 10:23, schrieb Emilio Pozuelo Monfort:

> On 20/03/14 08:16, Johannes Rohr wrote:
>> Am 24.01.2014 09:27, schrieb Jordi Mallach:
>>> El dj 23 de 01 de 2014 a les 13:44 +0100, en/na Johannes Rohr va
>>>
>>> I'd really love to test out GNOME 3.10, but in the current incomplete
>>> state it seems to make limited sense.
>>>
>>> Just curious to know...
>>> I suspect things will start moving when #727708 is closed.
>> at https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=727708 it says:
>>
>> "This issue was decided by committee vote concluded 11 Feb 2014:
>>
>> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=727708#6734"
>>
>> So what is holding things up? Meanwhile, some GNOME 3.12 beta packages seem to
>> have been uploaded. Isn't that a bit too messy? I mean - mixing three different
>> GNOME releases in the archive?
> A bit, yes. We plan on pushing 3.12 to sid as soon as 3.12 final is released.
> That is, next week. That will take a while to complete as there are various
> transitions involved, but we'll get there.
>
> Emilio
>
>



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to [hidden email]
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact [hidden email]
Archive: https://lists.debian.org/lhm7qt$99e$1@...

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re:Re: Status of GNOME 3.10 in Debian?

openswc
so far, gnome 3.10 in debian testing can't run on the virtualBox of my thinkpad E430.
My thinkpad E430 runs Debian 7.4.
Can we release a gnome 3.1x  branch version of Debianjessie”,like Ubuntu GNOME?
http://ubuntugnome.org/
At 2014-04-04 20:16:28,"Johannes Rohr" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>One question: On 
>https://plus.google.com/u/0/+WorldofgnomeOrg/posts/WunFLk5ES6W I read in 
>a comment:
>
>" The new decision is: all Gnome versions released close to Debian 
>freeze will come to Debian sid and testing, the other versions stay on 
>experimental (like 3.10)."
>
>Is this accurate? Personally, I like being up to date, but using 
>experimental has been a constant PITA, because of frequent dependency 
>issues.
>
>Johannes
>
>
>Am 20.03.2014 10:23, schrieb Emilio Pozuelo Monfort:
>> On 20/03/14 08:16, Johannes Rohr wrote:
>>> Am 24.01.2014 09:27, schrieb Jordi Mallach:
>>>> El dj 23 de 01 de 2014 a les 13:44 +0100, en/na Johannes Rohr va
>>>>
>>>> I'd really love to test out GNOME 3.10, but in the current incomplete
>>>> state it seems to make limited sense.
>>>>
>>>> Just curious to know...
>>>> I suspect things will start moving when #727708 is closed.
>>> at https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=727708 it says:
>>>
>>> "This issue was decided by committee vote concluded 11 Feb 2014:
>>>
>>> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=727708#6734"
>>>
>>> So what is holding things up? Meanwhile, some GNOME 3.12 beta packages seem to
>>> have been uploaded. Isn't that a bit too messy? I mean - mixing three different
>>> GNOME releases in the archive?
>> A bit, yes. We plan on pushing 3.12 to sid as soon as 3.12 final is released.
>> That is, next week. That will take a while to complete as there are various
>> transitions involved, but we'll get there.
>>
>> Emilio
>>
>>
>
>
>
>-- 
>To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to [hidden email]
>with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact [hidden email]
>Archive: https://lists.debian.org/lhm7qt$99e$[hidden email]
>


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Status of GNOME 3.10 in Debian?

Emilio Pozuelo Monfort
In reply to this post by Johannes Rohr-2
On 04/04/14 14:16, Johannes Rohr wrote:
> One question: On https://plus.google.com/u/0/+WorldofgnomeOrg/posts/WunFLk5ES6W
> I read in a comment:
>
> " The new decision is: all Gnome versions released close to Debian freeze will
> come to Debian sid and testing, the other versions stay on experimental (like
> 3.10)."
>
> Is this accurate? Personally, I like being up to date, but using experimental
> has been a constant PITA, because of frequent dependency issues.

I don't really understand what that comment is saying.

What is really happening is that we're working on updating GNOME to 3.12. Some
stuff is in unstable and testing already, but a few (important) packages are
only available in experimental right now. That is because we need to do
"transitions" because of library ABI changes and SONAME bumps, but we're working
on those and we should have all of 3.12 in testing/unstable this month.

Regards,
Emilio


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to [hidden email]
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact [hidden email]
Archive: https://lists.debian.org/533F3C61.6010007@...

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Status of GNOME 3.10 in Debian?

SDA-2
On Sat, Apr 05, 2014 at 01:12:33AM +0200, Emilio Pozuelo Monfort wrote:

>
> I don't really understand what that comment is saying.
>
> What is really happening is that we're working on updating GNOME to 3.12. Some
> stuff is in unstable and testing already, but a few (important) packages are
> only available in experimental right now. That is because we need to do
> "transitions" because of library ABI changes and SONAME bumps, but we're working
> on those and we should have all of 3.12 in testing/unstable this month.
>
> Regards,
> Emilio

Good news! Looking forward to playing with 3.12 by the end of the month.
Thanks for the update!

Cheers,
Stephen
Toronto


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to [hidden email]
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact [hidden email]
Archive: https://lists.debian.org/20140405020814.GA32650@Jessie

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re: Status of GNOME 3.10 in Debian?

Xavier Bestel
In reply to this post by Emilio Pozuelo Monfort
On Sat, 05 Apr 2014 Emilio wrote:
> we should have all of 3.12 in testing/unstable this month.

Which month ?


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to [hidden email]
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact [hidden email]
Archive: https://lists.debian.org/1402479905.14439.2.camel@bip

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Status of GNOME 3.10 in Debian?

Emilio Pozuelo Monfort-4
On 11/06/14 11:45, Xavier Bestel wrote:
> On Sat, 05 Apr 2014 Emilio wrote:
>> we should have all of 3.12 in testing/unstable this month.
>
> Which month ?

$cur_month :)

More seriously, we are blocked on a upower transition.

Emilio


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to [hidden email]
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact [hidden email]
Archive: https://lists.debian.org/53982748.2000705@...