stop building the mipsel and mips64el cross compilers

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

stop building the mipsel and mips64el cross compilers

Matthias Klose
Hi,

I will stop building the mipsel and mips64el cross packages from the binutils,
gcc-8-cross, gcc-9-cross, gcc-defaults, cross-toolchain-base packages.  There is
infrastructure to build these cross compilers from the binutils-mipsen,
gcc-8-cross-mipsen, gcc-9-cross-mipsen, gcc-defaults-mipsen and
cross-toolchain-base-mipsen packages, so anybody interested in these can build
these from the set of source packages instead.  To ease the transition and avoid
NEW processing, I will wait until September 15 to disable building these
packages.  So please prepare to build these packages from the -mipsen source
packages.

Thanks, Matthias

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: stop building the mipsel and mips64el cross compilers

Yunqiang Su-3
Matthias Klose <[hidden email]> 于2019年9月4日周三 下午1:46写道:
>
> Hi,
>
> I will stop building the mipsel and mips64el cross packages from the binutils,
> gcc-8-cross, gcc-9-cross, gcc-defaults, cross-toolchain-base packages.  There is

Thank you for your great work on cross toolchains.

> infrastructure to build these cross compilers from the binutils-mipsen,
> gcc-8-cross-mipsen, gcc-9-cross-mipsen, gcc-defaults-mipsen and
> cross-toolchain-base-mipsen packages, so anybody interested in these can build

I will take care about these packages, and make them easy to binNMUed.

> these from the set of source packages instead.  To ease the transition and avoid
> NEW processing, I will wait until September 15 to disable building these
> packages.  So please prepare to build these packages from the -mipsen source
> packages.
>
> Thanks, Matthias

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: stop building the mipsel and mips64el cross compilers

Matthias Klose
On 05.09.19 11:41, YunQiang Su wrote:

> Matthias Klose <[hidden email]> 于2019年9月4日周三 下午1:46写道:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I will stop building the mipsel and mips64el cross packages from the binutils,
>> gcc-8-cross, gcc-9-cross, gcc-defaults, cross-toolchain-base packages.  There is
>
> Thank you for your great work on cross toolchains.
>
>> infrastructure to build these cross compilers from the binutils-mipsen,
>> gcc-8-cross-mipsen, gcc-9-cross-mipsen, gcc-defaults-mipsen and
>> cross-toolchain-base-mipsen packages, so anybody interested in these can build
>
> I will take care about these packages, and make them easy to binNMUed.

c-t-b-mipsen cannot be nmu'ed, and the gcc-cross-* packges shouldn't be nmu'ed
because the _all packages are not rebuilt.  So it requires some activity ...