testing pi

MJ Inabnit-2

hi all:

A friend has shipped a pi to me.   I wonder if there is a destro of
debian testing I can run on the pi so I can try some of the current ham
apps?

I searched for a testing distro, but it all looks like there is only
stable available.

tnx and 73

wishing you well
Jaye, ke6sls--via the toshiba w/thunderchicken

Re: testing pi

Christoph Berg
Re: MJ Inabnit 2019-01-05 <[hidden email]>

> hi all:
>
> A friend has shipped a pi to me.   I wonder if there is a destro of
> debian testing I can run on the pi so I can try some of the current ham
> apps?
>
> I searched for a testing distro, but it all looks like there is only
> stable available.

You can always install stable and dist-upgrade to buster.

Christoph

Re: testing pi

MJ Inabnit-2
On 1/7/19 1:42 AM, Christoph Berg wrote:

> Re: MJ Inabnit 2019-01-05 <[hidden email]>
>>
>> hi all:
>>
>> A friend has shipped a pi to me.   I wonder if there is a destro of
>> debian testing I can run on the pi so I can try some of the current ham
>> apps?
>>
>> I searched for a testing distro, but it all looks like there is only
>> stable available.
>
> You can always install stable and dist-upgrade to buster.
>
> Christoph

Things have changed since I last ran debian (1990's).. But, I just
started a cli dist-upgrade... shrug.. we'll see!