various problems might be caused by mime.cache gone missing

various problems might be caused by mime.cache gone missing

Loïc Minier
        Hi,

 I have no idea of the trouble it might create, so this is a public
 service announcement:
 it seems /usr/share/mime/mime.cache is no longer there on most systems,
 it should come back with the next shared-mime-info update (just
 uploaded it).

 My explanation on how it went missing is:
 - random package includes /usr/share/mime/mime.cache in its *.install
   file and overwrites the generated file
 - random package gets fixed, and doesn't ship the file anymore,
   however dpkg removes the file on upgrade

 If anyone know of how this happened (such as a package shipping
 mime.cache in the past), I'm interested in knowing which.

 This also happened with a different file and control-center (see
 1:2.12.1-2).

Loïc Minier <[hidden email]>
Current Earth status:   NOT DESTROYED