video calling

Colin Cotter
Dear List,

   What is the news on using webcams with the voice-over-IP services
(like Skype) these days with Debian? Has anybody reported any success?

all the best

--Colin

Re: video calling

André Wendt
Colin Cotter schrieb:
> Dear List,
>
>   What is the news on using webcams with the voice-over-IP services
> (like Skype) these days with Debian? Has anybody reported any success?
>
> all the best
>
> --Colin

Hi Colin,

just a quick note: according to the comments on
http://share.skype.com/sites/linux/2006/06/open_beta.html there is no
video support for Skype yet, no matter which distribution you use.

Regards,
André

Re: video calling

Tzafrir Cohen
On Tue, Aug 29, 2006 at 11:49:21AM +0100, Colin Cotter wrote:
> Dear List,
>
>   What is the news on using webcams with the voice-over-IP services
> (like Skype) these days with Debian? Has anybody reported any success?

Ekiga is already in Etch. So is KPhone. Both use SIP. I'm not usre about
the support for video in twinkle and kiax.

Latest versions of Kopete should support MSN chat vido. Maybe also
others. Not sure about other messangers.

WengoPhone is making its way now. This is a nice skype replacement which
generally uses SIP.

-- Tzafrir