what do people think about having sandsifter in debian ?

what do people think about having sandsifter in debian ?

shirish शिरीष
Dear all,

First of all thank you for the whole team for keeping Debian as secure
as the people on the team do to keep Debian free from controversy ( at
least from the security viewpoint) .

Please CC me as I'm not subscribed to the mailing list, sorry.

I just came upon sandsifter today. While I have done an RFP on it ,
could people have a look at it.

https://github.com/xoreaxeaxeax/sandsifter

Also see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrksBdWcZgQ

Could you all exam it and see if it's worth including in Debian, the
only pre-requisite it asks for is already in Debian .

          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल
http://flossexperiences.wordpress.com
EB80 462B 08E1 A0DE A73A  2C2F 9F3D C7A4 E1C4 D2D8

Re: what do people think about having sandsifter in debian ?

shirish शिरीष
addition at bottom :-

On 16/08/2018, shirish शिरीष <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> First of all thank you for the whole team for keeping Debian as secure
> as the people on the team do to keep Debian free from controversy ( at
> least from the security viewpoint) .
>
> Please CC me as I'm not subscribed to the mailing list, sorry.
>
> I just came upon sandsifter today. While I have done an RFP on it ,
> could people have a look at it.
>
> https://github.com/xoreaxeaxeax/sandsifter
>
> Also see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrksBdWcZgQ
>
> Could you all exam it and see if it's worth including in Debian, the
> only pre-requisite it asks for is already in Debian .

It's being tracked as #906246 , thank you in advance.

          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल
http://flossexperiences.wordpress.com
EB80 462B 08E1 A0DE A73A  2C2F 9F3D C7A4 E1C4 D2D8

Re: what do people think about having sandsifter in debian ?

Paul Wise via nm
On Thu, Aug 16, 2018 at 8:50 AM, shirish शिरीष wrote:

> First of all thank you for the whole team for keeping Debian as secure
> as the people on the team do to keep Debian free from controversy ( at
> least from the security viewpoint) .

A few clarifications:

[hidden email] is not the contact address for the
Debian Security Team.

The Debian Security Team does not do packaging of security audit tools.

The Debian Security Tools Packaging Team is responsible for that:

https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/pkg-security
https://lists.debian.org/debian-security-tools/

> I just came upon sandsifter today. While I have done an RFP on it ,
> could people have a look at it.

RFPs are not sent anywhere useful by default, you should try to
X-Debbugs-CC the relevant teams if you want others to package
something, or just package it yourself.

--
bye,
pabs